Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Week In Review

So, last Tuesday my first "baby" turned 6. That's a little exciting and a little sad! I really can't believe how fast everything is going. Well, anyways, things have been pretty interesting around here. Connor is starting "real" foods. He's already tried squash, sweet potatoes, rice cereal with apples and apple juice. We introduced the sippy cup and while he did drink out of it, he did NOT like it! I think the flow was just too fast because he would take a few drinks, then have to stop, cough and breathe. So we will hold off on trying those again for a week or two. Killian (unsuccessfully) tried to make his own popcorn. He seriously put a bag in the microwave for a ridiculous amount of time. I have no idea how long it was, but it was enough that now, 3 days later, my house STILL smells like nasty, burnt popcorn. My neighbor was watching him, they were all playing outside and he ran in really quick and that's when he decided to try to make himself a snack. I had already caught him earlier when I heard him push the microwave button and he was trying to cook it for 5 minutes. I stopped it and told him that he couldn't have popcorn right then because I was about to go get dinner and that he needed to ask for help because he had set it for WAY too long. So much for listening! I swear, this one and his hard head, I just don't know what to do some times. But the popcorn ended up being a big black square on the side of the bag. I should've taken a picture. Then, we went to Cheddar's last night for dinner, and it was kinda crappy! Heather had ordered a dessert and they accidentally sent it to the wrong table, well, we told our waitress and it took the like 45 minutes to come and bring it out. It was ridiculous. So, I think I've actually had my fill of Cheddar's for a while....lol. I think tonight we're going to go to Texas Roadhouse since his Aunt Lora sent him another giftcard for his birthday and he really wants to use it. He loves getting gift cards and paying for things himself. He was a little disappointed when we got to Cheddar's last night, he was like "Cheddar's? I thought we were going to Texas Roadhouse...." So I guess I will drive him so he can take me to dinner tonight, lol. He's doing really well in school lately. No blowing in other people's hair or anything. And he's also started READING!!!! He's very excited about this. He alread knows the words: a, and, away, big, blue, can, come, down, find, far, go, cat and cats, up, see, I and help. That's all I can think of right now but I think it's pretty damn good! Well, that's all for now.

0 comments: